Case Study – I
100% Equity Divestment by Indian Promoters to Overseas Buyer
Patanjali Associates represented the Indian Promoters
- Identify the open source license cost.
- Evaluate use of open source against licensed software
- Negotiate the purchase price on the validated exposure and … it into escrow amount.
- Fix floor and cap for indemnities
- Stipulate of time period for indemnity
- Being Seller’s counsel, objective was to facilitate closing and minimize indemnity risks as also Escrow amount
- Extensive DD has issues highlighted came too late.
- Keep insurance cover ready.
Case Study – II
Strategic investment in Agriculture Risk Solution and Weather related
Patanjali Associates represented the Investor
- Being a startup, the DD demonstrated regulatory and statutory compliance gaps.
- Conducted an ABC analysis on the regulatory and statutory compliance gaps
- Based on discussions with the client and the company, classified the gaps into CPs and CSs
- Allocated time period for conditions subsequent and the transaction document provided a monitory mechanism through Board.
- While the company was willing to follow the compliances, the process was both time consuming and expensive and had chances of delaying or breaking of transactions
Virtual In-House Legal Counsel Support